See the Difference in Your Houston Home with Water Softener Systems from Culligan
Eliminate the damage and hassle hard water causes throughout the house with an advanced Culligan High-Efficiency Water Softener. Your Houston Culligan dealer has the solution that’s right for you whether you want to buy or rent a water treatment system.
The reason hard water can lead to problems around your home has to do with the higher-than-average amount of TDS (total dissolved solids). These dissolved minerals, while not necessarily indicative of problems in the home, can leave your water tasting “off,” but can also cause buildup in your pipes, fixtures, and major appliances.
Hard Water in Your Home?
Tap water in Houston comes primarily from Trinity and San Jacinto Rivers and flows into Lakes Livingston, Conroe and Houston. These are also known as surface water sources. Being a surface water source, it is exposed to a plethora of contaminants before it is treated by municipal treatment plant. It can also pick up minerals at the source, on the journey to the treatment plant, and on the journey to your house that can cause a higher level of hardness in your water. Whatever your water symptoms may be, a whole home water filter from Culligan can help you rest easy knowing your home’s water is safe and soft.
Sign up for water updates, monthly specials and more with Culligan
Trust Culligan, the Water Softening Experts
Any hard water issues that you are experiencing in your home can be easily eliminated with a custom water softener system from Culligan of Houston’s advanced line of water softeners.
Regardless of where you live from Katy to Humble, our softeners are built to target and remove the specific minerals in your area that are causing you hard water. You’ll be able to taste, and see, the difference at your tap and around your home. Our proprietary technology is able to remove iron, calcium, and other materials before they can do damage throughout your house.
Our local experts are available to test your water, review the results, and find the water solution that’s right for your home. It’s always easy with Culligan to find the water softening solution for your house, needs, and your budget.
Learn more about the home benefits of a Culligan® Water Softeners!
Hard water is the result of mineral buildup in your city or well water, most commonly from calcium and lime. The signs of hard water are not always obvious, but can have detrimental effects on your home. Soap scum and stains are two of the most visible problems associate with hard water.
Hard water will clog your pores, leaving your skin dry and itchy. Your hair can also become damaged and unmanageable due to hard water. Let your Culligan Man recommend which water softener is right for your home!
Iron is one of the most common types of problem water and can leave your fixtures and tubs with rust stains.
Culligan Water Softener System Benefits
See why more people than ever trust their water to Culligan of Houston. With over 80 years working to provide in-depth water expertise, cutting-edge technology, and dedicated customer service, we’ll help you find the right water softening solution for your home, and help it run like new for the life of the product.
- Water testing and evaluation is always included.
- Culligan water softeners come with professional installation, routine maintenance for maximum efficiency, and dedicated customer service to help you get the most out of your water softener, with less hassle.
- We’re proud to offer one of the most efficient water softeners on the market today, the Culligan High Efficiency Water Softener.
- Reduce the electricity your appliances use with more efficient water.
- Extend major appliances life – from the water heater, to the washing machine, and even the coffee pot.
- Enjoy better-tasting water from every tap in your home.
- Have water that is easier on your hair, skin, and nails to improve their look and feel.
- Help your laundry look better – and even last longer – with soft water.
- Use, and spend, less with personal care and cleaning products that work how they are supposed to with soft water.
We know water, and water softening technology, it’s why we hold more patents for water softening and treatment than any other water company.
Hard water is the result of mineral buildup in your city or well water, most commonly from calcium and lime. Hard water can reduce the quality of water in your home and may also be driving up your water bills, cleaning costs and more. The signs of hard water are not always obvious, but can have detrimental effects on your home. Hard water can cause corrosive build of scale from mineral deposits in your pipes. Over time, your pipes can clog, water flow can diminish and water pressure will be reduced. Your local Culligan water expert offers range of water softener products that fits your needs, wallet and for every size of household.
The Culligan High Efficiency Water Softener is the most efficient water softener in the market. You save more on water, salt, and electricity with patented smart technology that makes our high-efficiency water softeners up to 46% more efficient than other softeners. Not only will you be saving your wallet by reducing water and electricity costs, but you will also be decreasing your home’s environmental footprint.
Water Softener Product Specifications
Culligan’s proportional brining allows your softener to regenerate only that part of the resin bed that has been exhausted, reducing its salt usage.
- Automatic bypass valve provides the convenience of bypassing the water softener from the softener itself or the remote display.
- Patented Culligan Aqua-Sensor® technology automatically adjusts to changes in water conditions so the softener only regenerates when needed, saving you salt, water, and money.
- Our smart brine tank automatically monitors salt levels and tells you how many days of salt are remaining.
- Exclusive Culligan Soft-Minder® meter monitors daily water use and provides advanced system diagnostics.
- The easy-to-read backlit display with digital clock lets you know your softener is working and alerts you to any system malfunctions.
- Culligan’s Dial-a-Softness® Valve allows you to customize the “feel” of your water, so it never feels too soft or too hard.
Frequently Asked Questions about Culligan Water Softeners
1. Will my water taste salty?
No. A properly functioning water softener will never make your water taste salty. The small amount of sodium added to the water will never create a salty taste.
2. How do I know if I have hard water?
Hard water usually manifests itself in several ways. It leaves white residue behind wherever water evaporates. When hardness reacts with soaps and detergents, it leaves a sticky soap scum behind, and in hot water heating systems it leaves behind a hard scale.
3. How does a water softener work?
A water softener works through a process known as “ion exchange,” which means that as it removes calcium and magnesium (elements that make water “hard”), it replaces those ions on a one for one basis, usually with sodium. This means that the amount of sodium added to the water is directly proportional to how hard your water is. In most instances the amount being added is so small that it is not a significant contributor to the amount of sodium in your diet.
4. Will a water softener reverse the damage that has already been done to my appliances?
Yes, if your hard water has been building up scale in your appliances, once you install a softener it will begin to remove that built-up scale. It will take a long time to remove it, but it will remove it.
5. Will the softener remove all impurities from my water?
Unfortunately, no. A water softener is designed to remove hardness (calcium and magnesium) from water. They can sometimes remove a limited amount of iron and manganese if you happen to have these problems as well. But if you are looking for great water for drinking and cooking, you should probably consider a reverse osmosis system for that purpose.
6. Are there chemicals used or put into the water to soften the water?
Other than salt or potassium chloride, there are no other chemicals that a water softener uses. On the contrary, using a water softener reduces the amount of cleaning supplies and detergents that you need to put down the drain trying to keep your home and family clean. Using a water softener is very environmentally friendly.
7. How long after installation will I have soft water?
Once a softener is installed, it will begin to soften your water immediately, However, if you have a tank-type hot water heater, it may take a few days to use up that hard water, until you feel the full effects of soft water.
8. How often do I need to add salt?
Most good softeners today, recharge based on how many gallons of water you use, and how hard your water is to start with. However, most of our customers today are adding salt once or twice a year, on average.